Thursday 27 August 2015

Naked!




When I had switched to pump... I loved every 3rd day, because that meant I would be able to take a bath NAKED! (Funny the little things you start to appreciate in life being diabetic!) In between site changes I was free, well free for about 30 mins.

So when I started using a CGM a few weeks ago, (I have become obsessed with watching my sugar levels rise and fall) those days were over. Don't get me wrong the benefits of wearing the CGM are amazing, and I don't think I will ever go a few days without one, but I sure missed my free 30 mins!

So last week on day 3 there was not much insulin left in the bottle, and when I filled my reservoir I noticed I  maybe had enough insulin for 2 and 1/2 days, when I remembered Medtroinc had sent me a sample of the Sure-T infusion set (which is recommend for 2 day use) PERFECT!!!

But it wasn't until last night when I realized OMG! I get to take a bath tonight CGM and infusion site FREE!! I get to take a bath NAKED!! I guess the 2 day Sure-T infusion set was exactly what I needed to get on track, which also lend me to realize if I change my infusion set every 3 days and my CGM every 6 days that means 2 infusion sets per CGM!!

So now every 6th day means a long hot bath NAKED! I am as excited as a pig in shit! Seriously, I love 2 things in life naps and baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment