Monday 17 August 2015

My CGM

Especially if you don't hear it the first time.. then it starts to vibrate and it shakes your whole bed.

 
 
Two weeks ago I started blogging again, and I am so happy I did. I shared that I had made the switch to the pump, I really don't know why I didn't make the switch sooner. Last week I took the next step and added a CGM into my world. It hasn't even been a week but I am so happy to share my results after the past few days Saturday August 15th was a picture perfect day and I am overjoyed that this little sensor can provide this information. Sure it will take a little more time to get use to, and I am not going to lie its a little uncomfortable to wear an other device on my stomach, and I will probably never were a bikini again! But if it helps maintaining an A1C below 7 and living a healthier longer life I will take it!

CGM stands for continuous glucose monitoring switch is way to measure glucose levels during the day and night. An electrode called a glucose sensor is inserted under the skin and measures your glucose levels in your tissue fluid. The results are sent directly to my pump, which is awesome!

Here's what's posted on the Medtronic website on how to calibrate-


"Calibration is important for sensor performance. Calibrating 3-4 times per day can optimize sensor performance.
 
To calibrate, you must use a fingerstick blood sample to test your blood glucose (BG) on your meter and then enter that value into your pump. The pump will accept BG meter readings between 40 mg/dL to 400 mg/dL. And the minimum number of calibrations required is once every 12 hours (after the first day), but calibrating three to four times a day can optimize sensor accuracy.
When calibrating your sensors, remember to:
  • Wash your hands before taking a fingerstick test.
  • Enter the BG (blood glucose) readings into the pump/monitor right away.
  • Don’t use old meter BG readings or previous sensor readings as a calibration.
  • Wait at least 15 minutes between calibration entries. "

However I was also told that you should have no active insulin! Which I thought would make it difficult to calibrate the sensor 2- 4 times daily, but I have be able to calibrate most days so far 3 times a day which is awesome.
Here are my results





No comments:

Post a Comment