Monday 11 May 2015

Day One #DBlogWeek- I Can

Diabetes Blog Week
 
 
 

Day One
Topic- I CAN.
In the UK, there was a diabetes blog theme of "I can...”  that participants found wonderfully empowering.  So lets kick things off this year by looking at the positive side of our lives with diabetes.  What have you or your loved one accomplished, despite having diabetes, that you weren't sure you could?  Or what have you done that you've been particularly proud of?  Or what good thing has diabetes brought into your life?  (Thank you to the anonymous person who submitted this topic suggestion.)
 
 
When I was diagnosed I truly thought my life was over. I knew nothing about Diabetes and although I never had sweet tooth I sure wanted to eat any junk food I could because I thought I would never be able to have it. Todays topic I CAN reminded me of the dark days and how I have truly not allowed Diabetes to take over my life. A good friend once told me its so much easier to wake up everyday and be miserable, then it is to wake up and deal with whatever comes your way with a smile and positive altitude. I feel like she changed my life when she shared this knowledge with me and I now share it with so many other.
 
 
I thought I couldn't live a long life with Type One Diabetes... although living a healthy long life means a lot more work it especially being a Type One Diabetic...
I CAN!
and I DO, I try my best to live a balanced lifestyle that includes eating right 99% of the time and exercising daily even though I just walk the dogs I am doing more then I was per diabetes.
 
I thought I would never find someone to share my life with because of the challenges I would face living with Type One Diabetes and was embarrassed to admit I lived with a chronic illness...
I CAN!
and I DID.. and I love my husband for all his support over the years when we were dating and especially the past 7 months of  our first year of marriage, I know I will have my good  and bad days but that what makes us all humans and being able to share that with someone is really the best gift anyone could ask for. 
 
I thought I would never be able to have a family of my own...
I CAN!
and I DO... I am a dog mom of 2 beautiful Siberian Huskies who have changed my life and showed me how love is unconditional and no matter how bad my days may be or how horrible I may feel they will always be by my side with their wet kisses and howling singing voices. My husband and I look forward to having children but are not ready just yet... but we know one day we will have a family of our own.
 
I have realized over the past few years that if I don't let my illness control my life I CAN live a long life of happiness just like everyone else. I CAN do all the things I want to in life. I have learned that we all have a story and challenges in our lives that's what make us human, I CAN live happy.
 


Lets turn Type ONE into Type NONE
 

5 comments:

  1. Your post really resonates with me! Thank you for sharing all you can and do! I especially relate to the fur-babies. I feel the same way about my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really relate to a lot of this! Great to see you've got a strong positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mastering Me, I didnt always have this positive attitude but happy to share and know others can relate. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Karen. I am so happy to share and feeling great, wish I started blogging sooner :)

    ReplyDelete