Monday 16 May 2016

Message Monday - Monday 5/16

Diabetes Blog Week
Topic:
Lets kick off the week by talking about why we are here, in the diabetes blog space. What is the most important diabetes awareness message to you? Why is that message important for you, and what are you trying to accomplish by sharing it on your blog? (Thank you, Heather Gabel, for this topic suggestion.)



I don't blog often but when I do I feel like its a huge stress relief. I started my blog just over a year ago, I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to share it with my family and friends or stay anonymous. I am not one to draw attention to myself- but did decide to share to take down the wall I was hiding behind, and I am so happy I did!

The most important diabetes awareness message to me is that we are not alone! Belonging to the blog community has really made me feel so much more comfortable with myself and living with diabetes. Its a great feeling to know we are fighting together.


Since starting my blog I made the switch from injections to a pump and also worked my ass off to get my A1C below 7. I also had a secret agenda and that was to become pregnant and have a health pregnancy and baby. I achieved my goals last year and still continue to achieve them this year maintaining an A1C below 6, and I am overwhelmed with joy that we are going to have a baby girl in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment